Pigments, a hybrid “polychrome” instrument that features hugely powerful, cutting-edge wavetable synthesis alongside award-winning virtual analog technology. After spending 20 years analyzing and emulating the best synthesizers ever made, they have now used their expertise to create an original, uniquely software synthesizer. Pigments offers exceptional sound thanks to its hugely powerful architecture and lightning-fast workflow that makes complex modulations easy, fast, and fun.
Pigments has some colorful tricks up its sleeve. In fact, it can do things other synthesizers simply cannot do. These include:
•Scale quantized pitch modulations to build complex melodic sequences.
•Continuous unison controls that can be modulated, with classic and chord modes.
•Extensive waveshaping options for the wavetable oscillator, with great aliasing control.
•The usual modulation sources and some more unconventional ones like the Turing and Binary random generators.
•Powerful gate/retrig handling for modulators. Perfect to inspire unusual rhythmic sequences or self-generating patches.
•Polyrhythmic sequencer with a strong emphasis on randomness, with scale control to remain musical.
At a glance, here are its key features:
•Two engines in parallel: the best of both worlds
•Virtual Analog triple oscillator engine.
•Complex Wavetable engine with morphing and import.
•Twin filters: dozens to choose from
•Classic filters from V Collection instruments.
•Modern filters like surgeon and comb.
•Continuous series/parallel routing.
•Powerful effects section: an all-in-one solution
•13 stunning effects, including wavefolder, overdrive, parametric EQ, and delay.
•Insert or Send routing options with drag and drop for easy switching.
•All the essential parameters can be modulated.
•Advanced modulation system: modulate anything with anything
•Graphical editing, source-based or destination-based.
•Envelopes, LFOs, Function generators, Random sources.
•4 assignable Macros to control multiple parameters at once.
•Visual interface: understand your sound
•Graphical representation of the most important modules.
•Living, moving waveform to see your sound come alive.
•Polyrhythmic Sequencer and Arpeggiator: get creative
•Create complex, custom and evolving sequences or arps.
•Extensive factory preset library: learn from the masters
•Hundreds of presets from awesome artists and experienced sound designers, including Jeremy Savage, Starcadian, Cubic Spline, Mord Fustang, and Jörg Hüttner.
•Highlighted “notes” to show which parameters are recommended to tweak.
v22.214.171.1244: New Features:
– NKS compatibilty
– 53 new presets – type 1.2 in search bar to find them
– Added preset store – some packs already available
– Sharper envelope attack times now accessible
– Added Supersaw unison mode for a classic trance feel
– Added aftertouch response curve
– Microtuning (.scl and .tun) support
– Added a third Combinate slot
– Added Remap mode in Combinate – transform a modulator with a remapping function
– Independent clock divisor for each sequencer lane (Pitch, Octave, Velocity, …)
– Reworked Sequencer graphics
– Modulation bar now highlights which modulator is being edited when hovering
– New tutorial about filters – accessible from the toolbar drop-down menu
– LFO Phase tool tip now shown in degrees
– Minor graphical improvements
– Wavetable oscillator 3D viewer now shows the right wave when morph is OFF
– Some sound designer images and bio were missing, now properly displayed
– “+” button for styles can’t be added as a style anymore
– Panic now properly received from external controllers
– Sidechain modulation now appears when side chain value is set to -1
– Graphical refinements and typos in tutorials and tooltips
– With some graphic cards, wavetable 3D display would not show up properly, now fixed
– Factory wavetables are not exported anymore when exporting a bank