DUNE 2 was rewritten from scratch, in order to provide a yet higher sound quality and allow for an even wider range of sounds. New oscillators, new filters, new effects and graphical envelopes are just some of the new additions. With a maximum reserve of 8320 oscillators at full polyphony, DUNE 2 is a true unison monster, unlikely to ever run out of oscillators. DUNE 2 is available as VST/AU/AAX plugin for Windows and Mac OS X. The VST/AU version comes in both 32- and 64-bit versions, the ProTools version is 64-bit only.
DUNE 2 features summary:
– VA, Wavetable and FM Synthesis
– Two oscillator stacks with 32 oscillators each
– Third oscillator and noise generator
– 8x Unison = up to 520 oscillators per note!
– 16 voices of polyphony = up to 8320 oscillators total
– Full version comes with 500 patches
– Zero-delay feedback filters
– Four graphical envelopes (MSEG)
– Three low-frequency oscillators (LFO)
– Modulation matrix for synth and FX parameters
– Two Master FX busses with 9 high-quality effects each
– Innovative Arpeggiator with MIDI file import
“We have updated DUNE 2 to version 2.6. This update adds support for Native Instruments’ NKS and contains minor bugfixes. The NKS implementation adds the DUNE 2 Factory presets to the NKS library, contains preset peviews, a controller template and adds Light Guide support for the Arpeggiator.”