Twin-L is a dual algorithm classic limiter. The aim of this plug-in is to provide a wide variety of shaping options. The plug-in is able to emulate the main features of two types of limiter: VCA-limiters, which is a modern type of analog limiter, and Opto-limiters which are vintage optical limiters. Keep in mind, however, that Twin-L’s limiting algorithms are not intended to emulate any specific hardware but rather to bring the capabilities of both types into a versatile plug-in. It’s also worth mentioning that the Twin-L is part of our series Zero Latency Processing plug-ins; no additional latency is critical in many situations such as live monitoring and managing automation.
Twin-L to version 1.0.1. Changes:
– Gain reduction meter in Twin-L had longer release in Pro Tools 2018 than in other Host applications (this was only visual behavior – it did not affect sound) – fixed.
– On some PC computers (Windows 10), VST3 version of plugin was ignored during VST3 plugin scan on Host startup (in Cubase 9, Cubase 10, Nuendo, StudioOne 4) – fixed (requires the latest – version of the iLok License Manager).
– On some PC computers: Input, Ceiling and Output knobs were disappearing – fixed.
– Pro Tools: during offline bouncing – internal parameters were set to their default initial state if they were not automated. It didn’t happen during online bouncing – fixed.
– After loading a session – Monitor switch was always set to OFF – fixed.
– After loading a session – SideChain switch was always set to Internal – fixed.
– Minor bugs fixed.