The Sweeper, a new effect plugin that features a dynamic following filter with sidechain input. Dynamic frequency Sweeping is a new way to be creative and open up your mix. It’s a more natural alternative to side-chain compression and gating and a creative tool that lets you completely reshape your sound. The Sweeper plugin is a dynamic envelope following filter with sidechain input. The plugin works by responding to a received input, either directly or via the sidechain, and moving a low pass filter or high pass filter to the shape of that input. This gives the plugin incredible flexibility and a broad range of uses, whether that’s with generating effects, or being used more precisely as a mixing tool. The plugin is suitable as a more natural-sounding and precise alternative to sidechain compression, for example.
The Sweeper features:
– Adaptive filter: The Sweeper sets its frequency based on the loudness of the source or side chain signal.
– Resonance: Go from subtle to extreme resonance for a wide range of use cases.
– Side Chain: Shape the frequency response of one track using another track as a trigger signal. Invent new sounds and to create space in your mix.
– Interactive graph: See in real-time how the filter response to the source signal or side-chain.
– Attack & Release: Precisely control the filter’s behaviour over time.
– Start & end-frequency: Define the filter’s desired start and end frequency with the option to flip its direction.