Shinechilla allows you to generate and blend 2nd, 3rd and 4th harmonics with the original dry sound. The harmonic generation process offered by Shinechilla is quite unique on the plugin market since it produces almost no intermodulation distortion. Shinechilla is mainly usable for solo instrument processing where it literally “shines” by producing convincing and full-bodied harmonic coloration. Shinechilla is also unique in that it is able to add harmonic coloration on top of the sound instead of distorting the whole sound. However, the option to saturate the whole sound is also available. The strength of harmonic coloration added by Shinechilla can be flexibly adjusted over the whole frequency range, for each harmonic. In overall, Shinechilla is a great tool for contemporary electronic music producers and sound designers looking for impressive timbres and sounds.
– 2nd, 3rd, 4th harmonics generator
– Spectral saturation
– Spectral harmonic level control
– Spectral threshold control
– Stereo and multi-channel processing
– Internal channel routing
– Channel grouping
– Mid/side processing
– Up to 8x oversampling
– 64-bit floating point processing
– Preset manager
– Undo/redo history
– A/B comparisons
– Contextual hint messages
– All sample rates support
– 60 ms compensated processing latency
– User interface color schemes
– Resizable user interface
– Retina and HighDPI support
Version 1.1 includes the following changes:
– Added VST3 support.
– Added AAX support.
– Implemented a fast Shift+Click insertion of control points.
– Implemented a more flexible way to copy envelopes.
– Implemented color scheme editor with load and save functions.
– Redesigned the infrastructure controls.
– Added Retina support on macOS, and automatic high-resolution UI size adjustment on Windows.
– 40% to 55% lower CPU usage on AVX2-capable processors (in 64-bit mode).