Magnus MK2 is a 2 stages brick-wall limiter with automatic output level and comprehensive metering, its purpose is to make your tracks the loudest possible. To achieve this the limiting process is divided in two steps each with separate oversampling options: the first is a clipper that can work like a hard digital clipper or a soft analog one. This stage lets you cut away those small peaks that nobody is going to hear and that will make the limiter work too hard and sound less transparent. The second stage is a brickwall limiter that will compress everything above 0dBFS. Simply use the two big knobs to increase the level until you are getting the right amount of gain reduction by any of the two stages.
– Clipper stage with hard and soft (analog) modes.
– Brickwall limiter stage with instantaneous attack.
– Separate oversampling option for clipper and limiter.
– Three stage release from 1 to 500ms.
– Auto release mode with sync to song tempo.
– RMS, LUFS and dynamic range output metering.
– Output peak and RMS meters.
– 12 dBs gan reduction meters with peak hold for each stage.
– Automatic output level compensation in dBFS, RMS or LUFS.
– Mac OS X (>=10.7) and Windows support.
– 32 and 64-bit compatibility both on Mac and Windows.
– Audio Units VST2.4, VST3 and AAX format.