Finale SongWriter lets you hear your music play back, print sheet music, share songs with the free downloadable Finale Reader™ and save MP3 files for your iPod. From the creators of Finale®, the world’s leading music notation software, SongWriter is perfect for songwriters, band and choir directors, church musicians, students and other musicians.
Spend more time making music and less time learning software.
Experiment with Melodies
* Click notes onto the staff and hear their pitches drag notes up and down to find the pitches you want.
* Play a MIDI keyboard and see the music appear instantly.
* Import and export MIDI and MusicXML files.
* Add multiple lyric verses.
Explore Different Arrangements
* Try any tempo.
* Transpose to any key.
* Type a chord name to hear how it sounds and see its guitar fretboard.
* Select automatic drum grooves for different styles.
* Add automatic harmonies.
Experience Your Songs
* Print great-looking sheet music.
* Save MP3 files to create audio CDs or to play on an iPod.
* Hear your songs with a professional software synthesizer and over 128 sounds – no hardware required!
* Use Human Playback™ to make songs sound like they’re performed like live musicians.
* Share your music with others using the free, downloadable Finale Reader™.
Why use SongWriter music notation software?
If you’re still using a pencil…
You know that changing the key or adding an intro means starting over. When your music is in SongWriter it’s easy to change keys, add measures, and move things around any way your creative impulses move you.
Sheet music that plays back
With SongWriter music notation software, you can listen to the results before the rehearsal. When you can hear what you’ve written you can quickly refine your music to sound exactly the way you want.
SongWriter does the heavy lifting, like managing how each staff plays back and transposes, so you don’t have to. Simply select the instruments you wish to write for and get started!
Learn how to use SongWriter
Should you ever have a question, SongWriter includes QuickStart Videos and other resources, right in the Launch Window.