Explore a sound set that brings 1987 right to your desktop! Like the legendary DX7, the TX81Z was a powerful and incredibly influential piece of gear in its day. Now, PMG has harnessed the inner workings of this synth, extracted some of the best sounds and wrapped them up in over 30 patches optimized for Ableton Live, Kontakt and Logic Pro. Used by Squarepusher, Jimmy Edgar, Future Sound of London and more, the TX81Z’s signature sound has spanned across multiple decades and is just as relevant today as it was at its inception. The TX81Z was an FM synthesizer from Yamaha that was housed in compact, multitimbral, 1-unit rackmount module. It features great FM type synth sounds similar also to the DX-21 and DX-27.
The original TX81Z features an ability to use waveforms other than a simple sine wave. There are eight voices that can be split, layered and detuned. There are also onboard pseudo-effects including delay and reverb – which Puremagnetik have faithfully pseudo-emulated in the Pack’s programming. And just like the original, Teex works great as a virtual TX81Z sound-module for live or studio productions.
This Pack features:
• Over 1000 (800MB) high quality, expertly recorded samples
• An assortment of classic synth, bass, pad and lead sounds
• Ableton Live macro programmings for Push-ready production
• Kontakt KSP, custom programmed, easy edit interface
• Apple Logic Smart Controls for instant instrument editing
• Requires Ableton Live 9.2 and higher, Logic X and higher or Kontakt 5 and higher
• 900 Megabytes (MB) of free hard disk space