Includes over 30 expertly tailored programs that fully capture the characteristic charm of the legendary EDP Wasp synthesizer.
The Wasp is a quirky little synthesizer that, despite its toyish look, is quite capable of funky analog sounds. It really is black and yellow too, just like the insect it is named for. Probably its most distinguishing feature is the keyboard and its non-moving touch-sensitive keys. That’s right, the flat little keys are only sensitive to your electro-static touch. It’s a nifty technology for 1978, but in reality they are difficult and unreliable to play. The WASP is powered by two digital oscillators supported by analog filters, envelopes and controls. This makes it one of the earliest digital/analog hybrid synthesizers to come in such a compact package, and it sounds great! The Wasp offers flexible and traditional synthesis of cool bass, synth, and other classic monophonic sounds. Its designer, Chris Hugget, also designed the Oxford Synthesizer Company’s OSCar Synthesizer. The Wasp has been used by 808 State, Dave Holmes, Vince Clarke, WhiteHouse and Add N to (X).
Vespine comes packed with a variety of programs that fully exhibit the characteristic sound of the Electric Dream Plant’s Wasp synthesizer.
• Close to 600 hi quality 24-bit multi-samples
• Programmed with modern sampler features for voice layering & polyphony variations
• Includes over 30 expertly designed rack instruments
• Custom KSP Kontakt interface and easy-edit controls
• Logic / EXS channel strips with integrated instrument browsing
• Requires Ableton Live 8.2 and higher, Logic 8 and higher, or Kontakt 3.5 and higher