A micro library “Lira Korbowa – Pack I” for Kontakt – custom-built Polish hurdy-gurdy – in its first reiteration features 1.5 octave of melodic strings sampled together with C/F drones in Lydian mode, as well as its original C drone with melodic strings sampled separately for more melodic flexibility. This is an authentic recording of my instrument – sampled with very little post-processing for higher authenticity and to preserve its genuine overtones. “Lira Korbowa – Pack One” is the first instalment of hurdy-gurdy collection I am planning to release gradually: starting from simple, playable patches – delivering the authentic sonic enjoyment of this unique instrument – to more complex extended techniques and unique playing styles.
Developed in Kontakt 5.4.1 so you’ll need this version or above to use this library. Library will only load in ‘demo’ mode in the free Kontakt Player.
***** UPDATE 1.1 RELEASED *****
“Lira Korbowa I – Starter” is an official update to my initial “Lira Korbowa – Pack I” release. What’s new?
* new UI/looks
* more responsive attack times for chanter notes
* multiFX controls
* new ‘extended’ patch + legato chanter
* new ‘beLow’ organ-like patch for extra low droning experience (2 octaves below)
* a selection of percussive bonus samples from upcoming ‘buzzDog’ added!
* overall revamp!
PS: yank the MOD WHEEL to kick-start legato patch on initialisation ;) Patches in version 1.1:
– Lira Korbowa – Starter
– Lira Korbowa – Starter – beLow
– Lira Korbowa – Starter – Extended
– Lira Korbowa – Starter – ExtendedChanterLegato
– Lira Korbowa – Starter – Lydian – Bonus Perc