Epica Bass – a dedicated analog bass synth library obsessively sampled from a large collection of all star classic analog synths and modulars. No emulations or plugins were used in the recording of Epica Bass as Sam believes that to truly capture the saturated harmonically rich textures that true analog synthesis brings, you have to keep the recording chain as purely analog as the source synths themselves.
Summary of Features:
– Analog Bass Library for Kontakt 5 or Kontakt Player (included).
– 430 Epic instruments built from 26,657 24bit mono samples (7Gb)
– 100% Analog Synthesisers used, no plugins or virtual synths.
– Arp Odyssey mk3 (orig), Pro 1, CS-30, SEM, Oakley Modular, Future Retro, Matrix 6r, SH-1000 and Telemark modular.
– Boutique hardware recording chain: UBK Fatso, Kush Elektra, Eventide H8000, DBX160XT, Neve Pre amp and several rare guitar pedals.
– Multi Page Extensive Synthesis with dedicated functions per page to give you full editing power in a non-cluttered Interface.
– Creatively inspiring yet extremely powerful 6 page interface gives you full control over your sound without slowing you down.
– Multiple Round Robins utilised to eliminate machine gun effect as well as velocity sample groups.
– Dedicated FX rack with full control utilising Native Instruments latest emulations of 1176 Compressor, SSL EQ along with Flanger, Chorus, Bit Crusher, Delay and Convolution Reverb (new convolutions).
– Fully fledged Arpeggiator, FX Rack, 3 x LFO´s, Amp Env, Filter Env (6 Filters), Pitch Env, sample start modulation destinations, Pitch Drift, Portmento, Velocity modulations and more.
– Unique sample start modulation gives control over the real analog filter source (6 analog modelled filters also included for use).
Analog synths sampled
– Arp Odyssey Mk3 (original), Sequential Pro 1, Oberheim SEM, Oakley Modular, Yamaha CS-30, Future Retro, Matrix 6r, Telemark Modular and Roland SH 1000.
Analog hardware processing
– UBK Fatso, UBK Kush Audio Electra Eq’s, DBX160XT, Neve Preamp, Eventide H8000, Eventide Eclipse and a collection of distortion pedals.
Interface Synthesis Functions:
– Amplitude Envelope A,D,H,S and R, Velocity to Sample Start, Velocity to Filter, Velocity to Amplitude
– Pitch Envelope A, D and R with Env Amount, Random Note Pitch, Pitch Drift, Portmento, Sample Startpoint, Random Sample Startpoint.
– Filter Envelope A,D,S and R, Filt Cutoff, Filt Resonance, Filter Type (6 Filters), Env Amount and Filter Keytracking
– 3 x LFO’s each with: 5 waveforms, LFO amount (+/-), Frequency, Fade in, Modwheel Cnt Amount (+/-) assigned to Amplitude, Filter and Pitch
– FX Rack and also Extensive Arpeggiator page
JANUARY 2016:NEW UPDATE ADDS AN ADDITIONAL 143 NEW PRESETS TO THE CONTENT
Now, this latest (v.1.2) introduces full NKS compatibility meaning it integrates perfectly with Native Instruments´ Komplete Kontrol S-Series keyboards and MASCHINE hardware, freeing you from your mouse and hugely speeding up creativity. Other features and improvements include:
– Arpeggiator fix – now 100% in time!
– New arp functions including Velocity Scale and Mode
– New LFO temp sync
– New presets, bringing the total to 625
Epica Bass 2017 Expansion Presets v.1.3 (Jan 2017): Additional Presets Include: Multi:
– 16th Seq Me Mod.nkm
– Dark Lord.nkm
– Dark Xmas.nkm
– In the Night.nkm
– Koto Chimes 2.nkm
– Koto Chimes.nkm
– March of the Violet.nkm
– Richy Rich.nkm
– Soft Side.nkm
– Spacey 1980 01.nkm