Powerful, easy to use guitar-based pad, soundscapes and atmosphere creator. Create a massive range of guitar-inflected textures from natural strummy accompaniments to wildly complex and awe-inspiring soundscapes with this second module for Gothic Instruments´ critically acclaimed DRONAR. DRONAR Guitarscapes features hundreds of beautiful presets and a huge set of controls designed to invite deep exploration, expression and discovery. Whether you’re a beginner or an expert, you can create mind-expanding atmospheres simply from playing a very small number of notes.
SUMMARY OF FEATURES:
– Includes over 320 inspiring presets
– 5.89GB of sounds
– Developed for the full (paid for) version of Kontakt.
– Sounds derived from recordings of mandolin, electric, acoustic and steel guitars
– Create huge shimmery pads, complex atmospheres and otherworldly soundscapes
– From organic and dreamy to incredibly dark and chaotic
– Simple controls deliver massive control
– Great for soundtrack projects as well as Indie, Rock, Pop and Ambient music
– Beginner and expert friendly
– Create your own rhythm patterns in amongst the pad magic with new Rhythm Editor.
– Dive deeper with DRONAR´s unique independent arpeggiators
– Onboard FX provide further sound design options
“It is when you start to play with the controls that you realise the power of Dronar, particularly when you consider what can be done with automation, or even a simple tweak of the mod wheel.” said Future Music magazine about DRONAR Hybrid Module and now that power is utilised once again with the eagerly awaited second instalment in the DRONAR series.
THE CONTROLS Main Page
Hear the immediate impact on the sound and get a good understanding of the way DRONAR works simply by tweaking the six dials on the main page…
– INTENSITY (also controlled by the Mod Wheel) takes you from silent to powerful by fading up through different velocity layers.
– MOVEMENT has a global effect on the intensity of the arpeggiators – set it high for strong effects and zero for a flat pad sound.
– HI, MID and LO control the automatically generated high notes, mid-range notes and bass notes. Moving these dials has a huge expressive effect on the music. It’s only like using a mixing desk and yet – having it so accessible in front of you encourages you to work with the balance as part of the original creative expression, instead of a mix decision later on.
– FX controls the level of 20-second futuristic, unpitched sound effects loops in the mix and adds instant movement and complexity.
Dive deeper… The Expert Page
The Expert Page shows you all the settings for the current, last played Drone from the 12 Drone Keys. Each drone has four layers – FX, HI, MID, LO, and the Expert page presents a separate set of controls for each layer. Each layer consists of two different sounds.
Need some inspiration? Hit the ‘Randomize samples’ button on the Expert Page and Dronar will keep all your settings but instantly swap the samples in the 8-named sound slots (2 per layer). New sound variations will abound and if it’s not quite the sound you’re after, keep hitting the button for more. Want to thicken up your sound? Each layer has a THICK button which adds in extra notes. Hearing the sound you want? Easily save the settings with the ‘Store Drone’ button.
Rhythm Editor Page
DRONAR’s brand new rhythm editor allows you to create intricate patterns re-generated from live played rhythms and intertwine them with the atmospherics and pad magic. Create your own rhythms at the speed you want – from slow chugs to high speed 32nd notes. Add accents and put in triplets, spread and humanise the chords – experimentation is the key and it’s very hard to make a bad sound! What’s more, DRONAR’s arpeggiator rhythmical tools can interact with the Editor to create unpredictable rhythms and undulations.
LFO & FX Page
Add movement to your sound, including panning, vibrato or siren effects with the LFO settings. Or tweak the Drone Effects to distort or dampen the sound, or add thickness, interest and colour. Reverb and Delay sends can also be controlled from this page.
Get sounds really moving or pulsing over time, synced to your DAW’s host Tempo with DRONAR’s multiple and truly unique independent arpeggiators including PITCH, INTENSITY and FILTER.
Master FX Page
DRONAR’s Master FX page features standard effects including EQ, Compressor, Delay and Gate. DRONAR also includes a couple of digital (algorithmic) reverbs and a set of convolution impulses including some creative and unusual impulses for sound design – again, experimentation is the key!
INSTRUMENT LIST: Acoustic guitars:
– LAG Tramontane steel string guitar with StudioLAG preamp.
– Takamine Nylon Acoustic guitar.
Electric guitars and bass:
– Fender FMT HH Tele (Flame Maple Top, 2 humbuckers)
– Schecter Jeff Loomis 7 string with single coil and Humbucker
– Fender Jazz bass.