Inspired by film and classical music icons this collection pushes the boundaries of traditional sampling methods by introducing revolutionary features like Auto Divisi combined with Polyphonic True Legato from the Next Generation Choir Series and a Thematic Approach towards playing techniques. Capturing conducted musical samples as opposed to static generic samples Afflatus Chapter I features several custom-made articulation groups able to portray one specific style per group with ease. This approach grants the user highly specialized and inspiring virtual instruments able to perform music with virtuosity: Gone are the days of soulless samples. The styles/moods featured in Afflatus Chapter I range from classical to modern contemporary film scores. Some of the masters which inspired the developement of this collection are Henry Mancini, Sergei Prokofiev, Bernard Herrmann, John Williams and Arvo Pärt. Here is an out of the box demonstration of the Scene d’ Amour Section depicting the thematic approach combined with Polyphonic True Legato.
The sounds and styles presented in Afflatus are vast in terms of colours and playing techniques. From modern minimalist to golden age and lush epic string ensembles – it’s all inside just one collection, which makes Afflatus a great extension to other string libraries covering the bread and butter articulations as well. Here’s a live playthrough of the Minimalist String Section.
While other libraries recorded divisi sections before, Afflatus gives you total control over the sections while performing your music. Pressing the sustain pedal controls whether polyphonic lines should be played in divisi for an ultra realistic concert sound or with the whole section to achieve a thick lush tone suitable for modern film scores, TV and videogames alike. In combination with intelligent voice leading derived from the Polyphonic True Legato engine used in Freyja, Wotan, Árva and Rhodope, it is now easier than ever before to make string arrangements sound the way you want them to within your DAW.
Overview: – Boutique Thematic String Collection
– Auto Divisi in combination with Polyphonic True Legato
– Various sizes of different String and Mixed Ensembles from 40 Players to Chamber to Quartet
– Expertly tailored Thematic Ensembles suitable for Contemporary to Golden Age Style film soundtracks, TV, Videogame and Pop music
– 25 Polyphonic True Legato Bowings
– Custom Organic Sound Design Section with seperate mixable Elements
– Playable Aleatoric Articulations
– Three microphone positions Close, Decca, Hall (Two on Mixed Ensembles)
– Over 150 different Playable Articulations
– NKS compatible
Changes: PATCH OPTIMIZATION:
Improved playability on legato patches – Minimalist series, Scene d’amour series.
ADVANCED OPTIONS: Mixer
Built-in mixer for all combined and some experimental patches (everything that was not recorded as an ensemble)
Velocity Dynamic Influencer
Enhance your polyphonic true legato playing with the Velocity Dynamic Influencer – get up to +/- 6db of volume for a single note depending on its velocity (64 velocity being the default value).
Portamento available for First Chair strings (with the exception of the Bass principal) – you can adjust the velocity that triggers the portamento interval.
– Combinations (new category)
– Arrival Strings
– Ensemble Shorts Divisi
– Lush strings KS Legato
– Minimalist Strings Legato (added basses)
– Minimalist Strings Tenutos (added basses)
– Psychatto Strings Shorts
– Scene d’Amour Legato
– Scene d’Amour Tenutos
– SulPont Strings
– The Mouse Strings Pizzicato
– Arrival Strings (normal and TM patches) for each section
– First Chairs (Legato, Pizzicato, Spiccato) for each section
– Spider Strings for each section
– SulPont Strings for each section
– Scene d’Amour Cellos Legato
– Minimalist Basses (Legato and Tenuto)