Easy & Creative Tone: Toned-MAX is a versatile digital equalizer plugin with analog modeling. Although Toned-MAX can be used creatively on individual tracks, it shines at mastering and bus tracks. More than a basic EQ, Toned-MAX includes many different visual features for monitoring the signal, and controls for shaping the output.
Intuitive and Flexible EQ
Toned-MAX includes 15 different filter types including standard high pass, low pass, shelf, and bell filters. Toned-MAX also includes a tilt filter, a constant-q bell filter, a band shelf filter, and filter types that mimic analog shelf filters. Filters include additional options such as a “Q-Link” control for further mimicking of analog filter types, and two different dynamic EQ options for dead-simple dynamic equalization. All filters can function in stereo, left, right, mid, or side mode.
Beyond the various analog filter types that can be accomplished with combining different filters and the Q-Link feature, Toned-MAX includes LVC-Audio’s analog modeling as found in PreAMPed and T-Chain (preamp models and vintage compressors). Toned-MAX includes separate input and output analog modeling of clean analog gear. There are 7 distinct input models and 6 output models. An overall Drive control can be used for gently increasing saturation and dynamic aspects of the analog models.
– Stereo controls: Controls for shaping low and high width, balance, and a stereo vectorscope view for monitoring
– Output Soft Clipper for controlling the signal without traditional hard clipping
– Oversampling modes: Minimal and Linear phase, HQ and LQ modes, and selectable rates (2x, 4x, 8x, 16x)
– Configurable colors and options for Spectrum Analyzer, Waveform View, and Stereo Vectorscope
– Knob controllers with fine- and superfine- control, built-in A-B comparison, and selectable limited ranges for fine control under mastering conditions (e.g., +/- 3dB or 6dB for EQ gains)
Changes in Version 2.0.0:
– Major redesign of graphical interface, including resizable GUI
– Redesign of EQ features to include selectable filter types, selectable slope,
– selectable stereo channel, dynamic EQ, and maximum of 20 different filters
– Improved stereo controls and stereo phase vectorscope
– Improved analog models, with additional output model (LMP-01)
– Minimum phase and linear phase oversampling options (up to 16x)
– New output soft clipper algorithm