Novation’s Launchpad Pro is a formidable piece of kit that acts as both instrument and controller and can drastically improve your production workflow both creatively and practically. At the same time it has a LOT of features, which just go to waste if you don’t fully know what you’re doing. This 9-part course led by experienced tutor and producer TAETRO walks you through exactly how the Launchpad Pro functions with Ableton Live. Whether you’re a producer, a performer, beginner or a more experienced artist, get going with Novation Launchpad Pro today!
LESSON SUMMARY Lesson 1 Unboxing & Firmware Update
– Unboxing the launchpad pro, contents explained, and updating the device’s firmware.
Lesson 2 Basic Ableton Live Setup & Note Mode
– Configuring preferences for the Launchpad Pro with Ableton Live and Note Mode explained
Lesson 3 Ableton Live Functionality
– An overview of the Launchpad Pro’s native integration and functionality with Ableton Live.
Lesson 4 Clip Launching
– Using the Launchpad Pro to create and perform with ‘clips’. Includes a clip launching performance demo with a complete explanation.
Lesson 5 Beat Making Workflow: Drums/Percussion
– The workflow of creating beats and percussive loops with the Launchpad Pro.
Lesson 6 Beat Making Workflow: Melodic/Harmonic Instruments
– Adding layers to your beat by creating melodies and harmonic progressions using the Launchpad Pro.
Lesson 7 Live Performance
– Combining the elements of clip launching and beat making workflow to create a dynamic electronic music performance.
Lesson 8 Custom Mappings for Live Performance
– Creating custom mappings in the Launchpad Pro’s User Mode to enhance live performances.
Lesson 9 No Laptop Required
– Exploring ways of using the Launchpad Pro with no computer. An overview of the Launchpad App and iOS connectivity as well as controlling external gear with the Launchpad Pro.