Master the art of Drum programming and processing for electronic music with easy to follow video lessons. In this comprehensive 5 hour course you will learn all the tips, tricks, techniques and tools necessary to get your drums sounding professional, tight and fat, how to program interesting rhythms, produce your own loops, manipulate third party loops and much, much more.
– Lesson 1: Basics of Kick Synthesis – How to analyze the three main components of a kick. Shape, tune and craft your kick to suit any track.
– Lesson 2: Layering Kicks – Different techniques for layering kicks and the benefits / pitfalls of both. Making a layered kick and using EQ, compression and gates.
– Lesson 3: Layering Snares, Hats and Percussion – How to approach layering more harmonically complex sounds.
– Lesson 4: Transient Shaping – Learning to use the tools in you DAW to shape drum sounds, make them more punchy, make them longer, bring them forwards.
– Lesson 5: Rhythm Basics – We look at the basic rhythm functions like syncopation, polyrhythm and swing.
– Lesson 6: Rhythm, Make a House Beat – Create a strong foundation. Use ghost hats / claps. Emphasise or counterpoint?
– Lesson 7: Make a Drum & Bass Beat – Simple steps to creating complex rhythm. Use existing patterns to easily make new rhythms and patterns.
– Lesson 8: Make a Techno Beat – Using ‘auxiliary’ percussion and a replacement technique to create a techno groove.
– Lesson 9: Loops – Don’t just slap loops on your tracks, lean these creative techniques to improve and personalise third party loops.
– Lesson 10: Processing a House Beat – Using our earlier beat we process our drums to sound fat and punchy and cohesive as a whole.
– Lesson 11: Processing a Drum & Bass Beat – Tighten up our beat and use parallel processing to fatten up the drums.
– Lesson 12: Processing a Techno Beat – Make the hat and snare punchier. Bringing the kick forwards and thickening up the beat.