Surge is an instrument capable of generating truly beautiful sequences of numbers. Your ears will agree with us. A digital recording is just a sequence of numbers. Easily quantifiable as ones and zeros, stored on physical media, combined together into larger numbers to form a continuous stream of data. Until you listen to it. Then it becomes real.
* Synthesis method: Subtractive hybrid.
* Each patch contain two ‘scenes’ which are separate instances of the entire synthesis engine (except effects) that can be used for layering or split patches.
* Fast and flexible modulation routing. Almost every continuous parameter can be modulated.
* 8 effect units arranged as 2 inserts/scene, 2 sends and 2 master effects.
* 9 algorithms: Delay, Reverb, Chorus, Phaser, EQ, Distortion, Conditioner (EQ, stereo-image control & limiter), Rotary speaker, Frequency shifter.
Version 1.5.3 notes:
– OSX AU: fixed bug that prevented surge from passing the AUVAL tool in snow leopard. As a result, it wouldn’t load in Logic. – OSX VST: fixed crash caused by snow leopard no longer allowed setting the SSE control register directly.