Thorn is a software synthesizer that was designed to be easy to use and deliver awesome sound. In Thorn, being simple means to be straightforward and provide advanced sonic control at the same time. Intuitive workflow, high quality processing modules, light on the CPU, Thorn is ready to be put at the heart of your mix, in any genre of modern electronic music production.
Thorn offers 3 oscillators that utilize spectral synthesis method. This gives you control over all harmonics involved into the generation process of your sound. The oscillator provides sets of spectral and real-time effects to shape harmonics further. Of course FM, RM, PWM, Hard Sync implemented too.
Sound sources organized as spectrum tables of 16 frames with ability to edit and morph harmonics. The spectral synthesis gives ability to “post-process” all the generated harmonics with a special filter to colorize the output.
Two multi-mode, analog modeled filters with sensitive saturation stages available to charge your sounds and make it shine through the mix. There are 9 high quality effects, 3x ADSR envelopes, 3x LFOs, 2x multistage envelopes at your service in Thorn. 16-step flexible arpeggiator with MIDI output to generate rhythmic sequences available as well.
Additionally, Thorn provides a grid-based Glitch sequencer for maximum fun. Chop your sounds with the sequencer to get modern glitchy, stuttering effects.
– Added “Intermediate” GUI size. As well there is an additional submenu now with precise scaling steps. Click on the logo displays GUI size menu now
– Fixed VST3 automation and mono configuration issues
– Fixed possible crash when playing low keys
– Fixed 32bit versions don’t show up on Mac
– Fixed font encoding issues of Windows for some menus
– Increased font size, adjusted GUI layout
– Status bar does not fade out when tweaking parameters now
– Knobs: CMD(Mac) or CTRL(Win) + mouse drag/wheel/trackpad to adjust modulation depth
– All controls use ALT+drag for fine tuning
– Better faders control for envelopes
– Expanded clickable area for preset arrows
– Manual corrections
– There are might be GUI font and layout rendering issues on Windows for “Small” GUI size. OSX and higher GUI scales unaffected