GrooveMaker® 2 is the latest version of this revolutionary iPhone/iPad/iPod touch app, designed for creating non-stop electronic, dance and hip-hop tracks in real-time by anyone anywhere, with results that sound like they were produced by a professional DJ. Making music with loops will never be the same. GrooveMaker works with pre-arranged sets of loops (called “Songs”) that always sound good together. You can remix them in real-time in limitless ways with our patented “groove generator” technology. In addition to the classical touch interface, you now get touchless control, thanks to the new iRing™ technology. GrooveMaker effects, parts and Randomix can now be controlled with iRing by moving your hands in front of the device camera.
Select a Song, you enter into the new Grid interface. Push the Randomix button (or rotate the iRing), and you will immediately see the building blocks of your groove appear on the grid, and the music will start playing. You can change grooves with the Randomix function, or literally “draw” new grooves directly on the grid. You can lock loops, solo and mute them, change volume and pan, and freely associate loops to each of the 8 available tracks. When you’re satisfied with the results, just take a Snap (snapshot) to memorize it for further sequencing.
Enhance your grooves with the new Effects interface: 16 high-quality effects, from Filter to Delay, Stutter to Flanger, and Crush to Noise. You also get highly creative effects like Twist, Brake, Spin and Tail, that can only be found on sophisticated professional DJ gear.
All the effects can be operated with the X-Y touch surface (or with iRing), where you can record automation within the 8-bar groove duration, for dynamic groove-effects progressions. You also have a new Master section, where you can give the finishing touch to your groove with a Compressor, an EQ and a Filter, for a pro sound that can be cut straight to a record.
GrooveMaker Packs offer over 5,900 loops. They come grouped “Song” packs that are each organized by categories such as bass drum, loop, bass, line, pads, effects and percussion. There are 80 collections available, featuring styles like House, Dubstep, Hip-Hop, Techno, Trance, Electro, D’n’B, Reggae, Reggaeton, and Rock. There are even artist packs from Ace of Skunk Anansie, Chris Domingo and Cool & Dre, with more to be released.
GrooveMaker 2 features:
• Completely redesigned interface
• Single application to have all your loop collections in one place, with in-app purchase
• 20 Packs available in 80 song collections including styles like EDM, Dubstep, House, Hip Hop, Techno, Trance, Electro, D’n’B, Reggae, Reggaeton, Rock plus artist packs
• iRing™ technology: control effects, parts and Randomix with the iRing motion controllers • Matrix interface for simplified loop remixing by drawing
• Flexible management of the Randomix algorithm
• Now single loop duration can be freely set
• Groove duration can be freely set from 1/2 bar to 8 bars, with new 1/4 to 1/32 live-loop functions on saved grooves for dramatic effects
• 16 FX with automation and touch-pad like interface (10 Filter FX built-in effect plus 6 more available for in-app purchase) • IMPORT functions allow you to easily import audio files or record your own, and integrate them with the existing collection
• High-quality time-stretch for seamless tempo variation from 50% to 200% of original BPM without affecting the pitch
• Real-time recorder
• Master control with Compressor, EQ and Filter
• Sharing features includes Audio Copy, E-mail, Wi-Fi, FTP, SoundCloud
• Compatible with Audiobus, Inter-App Audio and X-Sync
– New GrooveMaker Techno 2 downloadable song pack now available!
– GrooveMaker Brazil downloadable Song
– Improved reliability of the loop import function