The FM7 takes the legendary sound of FM synthesis to a new level. Not only does the FM7 read the complete sound library from the classic FM synths, but it goes far beyond emulation. It adds distortion and filter operators, extensive modulation capabilities, a comprehensive effects section, audio input and much more to the traditional FM architecture. The user interface of the FM7 makes it comfortable and easy to explore the fascinating new possibilities of FM – Native style.
Reproducing the FM classics
The lively and punchy FM sounds were a breakthrough in sound synthesis when they were first introduced in the early eighties. Nowadays, their special aesthetics are still highly appreciated by musicians and producers worldwide. FM sounds complement the sounds of analog and virtual analog synthesizers very well. The FM7 can read all programs from the original DX7, DX7-II, DX11, TX81Z, DX21, DX27, DX100, TX802 and reproduce the sounds of these machines exactly.
Extended sound processing and effects
The FM7 is more than an emulation. Enjoy the authenticity of the classic presets, and then transform them into something completely new. For example, each of the operators of the FM7 offers many waveforms besides sine. Additionally, a distortion operator with noise and an analog filter operator complement the waveform operators and increase the sonic range of the FM7, far beyond classic FM synthesis. Unlike the classic, FM routing can be set freely – you are not limited to preset algorithms.
The effect section of the FM7 offers high quality stereo chorus, flanging and delay effects.
The advanced graphical editors of the FM7 offer intuitive access to FM synthesis. It’s never been that easy to discover the enormous sound potential of frequency modulation.
– Powerful FM synthesizer
– Extended sound architecture for new possibilities with FM synthesis
– Includes 512 excellent presets (FM7 Sounds Vol. 1 included)
– Reads and faithfully reproduces sound programs of the FM classics (DX7, DX7-II, DX11, TX81Z, DX21, DX27, DX100, DX200, TX802)
– Full matrix frequency modulation with 8 operators, no fixed algorithms
– 6 operators with many waveforms plus distortion and analog filter operator
– Sophisticated graphical editors with many convenient edit functions
– Flexible graphical envelopes with unlimited number of stages and looping
– Stereo effects section with chorus, flanger delay, can be used for external audio signals
– Runs either as stand-alone or as a plug-in on Windows