Elite Orchestral Percussion features a number of cutting-edge techniques to maximize and enhance the playability of the library, including a randomization engine which utilizes a variety of advanced techniques to maximize realism. A full performance view is available in all instruments, enabling instant triggering and programming of various common percussion articulations such as flams, 3-stroke ruffs, chokes, rolls, and realistic rhythmic pattern generators.
Elite Orchestral Percussion Elite Orchestral Percussion offers dozens of different room and reverb options via a custom set of convolution impulses implemented in EZRoom. EZRoom is a drop-down menu in the interface that, with one click, allows you to place the percussion in everything from the world’s greatest chapels and concert halls to caverns, chambers, and small rooms, all with minimal processor hit and no additional RAM usage. Unusual sonic spaces are also included for esoteric effects. EZRoom multiplies the different sonic options available to the discerning orchestral writer.
Elite Orchestral Percussion is powered by the industry-leading Kontakt engine. It is compatible with VST, AudioUnit, and RTAS (Pro Tools 7 and 8) plug-in formats allowing it to work seamlessly within any major sequencer, in addition to standalone use.
* More than 250 patches of orchestral instruments categorized by family: Accessories and FX, Bass Drums, Chimes, Cymbals – China, Cymbals – Crash, Cymbals – Ride, Cymbals – Suspended, Ethnic and World, Gongs, Handbells, Mallets – Glockenspiels, Mallets – Marimbas, Mallets – Vibraphones, Snare Drums and Toms, Tambourines, Timpani, Triangles, Wind Chimes, and Wood Blocks
* 19GB of 24-bit samples
* EZRoom control in all patches, allowing the ability to instantly place the percussion in any one of over 50 different sonic spaces
* Integrated Humanize engine, offering quick control over pitch, tuning, and volume randomizations
* Custom articulation and pattern engine built-in, allowing instant triggers of chokes, flams, 3-stroke rolls, full rolls, and rhythmic patterns, all of which are automatically synced to host tempo
* Onscreen EQ controls allowing independent control of three bands (frequency, gain, and bandwidth)
* Velocity curve settings that allow easy adjustment for normal, louder, and softer playing
* Multitimbral operation, supporting up to 64 simultaneous instruments loaded (subject to RAM availability), receiving up to 64 MIDI channels (16 in plug-in mode)
* Kontakt Player engine, supporting standalone operation as well as plug-in operation in all major hosts that support AudioUnit, VST, or RTAS plug-ins
* Special upgrade pricing to the full version of Kontakt, which allows for fuller editing of the instruments
Elite Orchestral Percussion is compatible with both Macintosh and Windows platforms and includes the standalone Kontakt Player application as well as AudioUnit, VST, and RTAS plug-ins. All of these versions ship in the same box.
The Macintosh version requires an Intel Core Duo 1.66GHz or faster, 2GB of RAM, a DVD drive, and OS 10.5.x or higher. For optimum performance, Vir2 Instruments recommends a 2.0GHz processor or faster. The library requires 19GB of free hard drive space.
The Windows version requires a processor speed of 1.4gHz or higher (Pentium or Athlon XP), 2GB of RAM, a DVD drive, and Windows XP SP2 (32-bit) or Windows Vista or Windows 7 (32- or 64-bit). For optimum performance, Vir2 Instruments recommends a 2.0GHz processor or faster. The library requires 19GB of free hard drive space.
Elite Orchestral Percussion will run in standalone mode and is also compatible with every major sequencing package in the world, including but not limited to: Apple Logic and GarageBand, MOTU Digital Performer, Digidesign Pro Tools 7 & 8 (TDM, LE, and M-Powered), Steinberg Cubase and Nuendo, Ableton Live, and more.