The great single transistor combo organ emulation for Windows compatible VST Hosts.
We examined in microspcopic detail the characteristics of Rheem Mk VII, Farfisa Compact and Vox Continental, which were used as reference for the sound design of the Combo Sister along with some new ideas for added creative potential. The result is an instrument that is not merely a clone of a single organ model, but an original virtual instrument which captures the feeling of that fantastic retro sound and catapults that “experience” into the future. Unique to this emulation is the ability to have a mix of the Vox + Farfisasound!Thisisachieved by a combination of drawbars, timbre switches and oscillator bank selections.
Much scientific analysis has been carried out to design the several filters which shape the timbre of Combo Sister, even to the extent of a software simulation of original analogue schematics.
Combo Sister-it’s a world of organ sounds to discover and an exciting source for you favorite audio processors. The rich harmonic contentofher sound is ideal for processing, allowing you to evoke many moods and create an infinite pallette ofluminescent tonal colours.
Features: 2 oscillators banks:
– transistor “enriched sine wave” sound (for “hammond imitator” electric organs)
– transistor square wave (for buzzer combo!)
– extra Bass oscillators bank for 16′ and 8′ ranks
6 drawstops 16′, 5 1/3′, 8′, 4′, 2 2/3′, 2′
– 5 1/3′ can be switched to one of two higher ranks
– 1 1/3′ or 1′ + 1 3/5′
4 timbre stops
– Add (no filter), String, Reed, Flute,
– Percussion: switch (special amplitude envelope)
– Sustain: switch (long release)
– Tremolo: with Rate and Depth knobs
– Vibrato: with Rate and Depth knobs
– Booster: smooth analogue saturator with switch and distortion amount knob
– Transistor: knob for electric click and analogue noisines amount