Helix is a Wave-Table-Shaping, Phase modulation, Virtual Analog, Physical Modelling Hybrid Synthesizer. Unusually high sound quality, massive modulation, creative audio-routing and many built-in effects all make Helix a synth easy to like.
* 4 bandlimited unison wave-morphing-oscillators in full stereo, each of which can generate 16 voices per note.
* Each Oscillator have additional modes: Noise, PWM, dual-saw, string-model and rompler
* 3 stereo distortion stages per note. 10 different distortion-modes including bitcrushing and sample rate reduction.
* 24 Notes of polyphony, which adds up to a total of 1536 simultaneous oscillator voices and 72 filters in realtime.
* 8 ADSR envelope generators per note.
* 4 Low Frequency Oscillators per note (plus 2 global) with 18 different waveforms.
* 36 Modulation slots with 57 different selectable modulation parameters each.
* Easy to use built-in master effects section consisting of 7 hi-quality sound effects: distortion, phaser, chorus, equalizer, delay, reverb and parallel-limiter.
* Stereo chorus, adjustable delay time, depth, rate and feedback for flanging effects.
* Global distortion stage in full stereo, with oversampling to minimize aliasing artifacts.
* Equalizer with low-shelf, peaking and high-shelfing controls.
* Stereo phaser with stage count selectable between 4 and 12, an embedded LFO, feedback and frequency spread adjustment.
* Delay module with low- and high-pass filters, 5 different “pingpong” settings
* Smooth reverb with adjustable pre-delay, pre-eq, damping
* Stereo parallel limiter with attack, release, threshold.
* 3 Modes of portamento sliding, slide speed can depend on velocity.
* 1000+ presets.
REPACK NOTE :
Official installer is now included due to the AU installation. Helix says that it is version Aug 8 2013 but this isn’t a mistake. According to the dev, this is a maintenance update of the installer and binary has not been changed from the last Aug 8 2013 one.