The Musique Box is a complete collection of deeply multi-sampled music boxes with a huge range of extended content, powerful custom interface and cutting-edge performance features. We captured 11 different music boxes plus wind-up sfx, in a variety of environments and configurations, from bone dry, to concert hall, to submerged in a bathtub. We also manipulated the recordings to create a wide range of tonal and atmospheric sustains, pads, ambiences and special effect instruments, plus an array of 8 dynamic FX patches and another 10 custom presets to open up a wealth of creative possibilities right out of the box.
Our goal wasn’t to simply deliver the most comprehensive music box library possible, but to provide simply unmatched creative tools that turn these humble music boxes into heavy duty compositional power tools for custom tuned percussion design. Next to the Musique Box, the rest are just toys.
CONTENT: The library focuses on these core music box varieties, each recorded in a different configuration or environment, to provide the widest possible range of sound choices for you:
– Dry – a close, warm dry sound
– Hollow – with a wooden resonance chamber
– Large Hall – recorded in a large scoring hall
– Raspy – with naturally rough imperfections
– Small Hall – recorded in a bright tile hall
– Steel Pot – with a large metal chamber
– Stringy – mounted to strings
– Tank – with tuned steel drum chamber
– Chamber – a large wooden chamber in a hall.
– Glass – with a large glass resonator.
– Submerged – played underwater in a bathtub.
– Winding – lots of mechanical winding sfx
The Musique Box also includes a large collection of bonus content and creative features you won’t find anywhere else:
– 24 sustaining tuned sound design instruments, atmospheres, tonal ambiences and special effects
– 8 FX banks with special dynamic parameter shaping on the modwheel
– 10 added custom nki presets that explore the extended features
– 70 custom environmental, room and FX reverbs integrated into every preset
– The Uberpeggiator meta-arp system with velocity step sequencer, humanization, adaptive modes, roll simulation, chord and scale control and custom pattern loading (K5 only)