Rumble, the world’s first Kontakt Player virtual instrument to combine the finest in traditional marching drums with cutting-edge sound design. This superbly flexible virtual instrument gives educators, composers, and musicians an imaginative, innovative, and inspiring new sonic palette for creative music-making. Featuring the legendary DCI World Champion Blue Devils drum & bugle corps and Scott Johnson–one of the most sought after marching percussion arrangers and clinicians in the world–and recorded by Leslie Ann Jones on the Scoring Stage at Skywalker Sound (a Lucasfilm Ltd. Company). Rumble delivers a comprehensive set of pristine, carefully crafted marching drum samples. Each instrument was captured using modern-day film score recording techniques at multiple dynamic levels, round-robins, and at close, mid, and far microphone placements, affording composers, producers, arrangers, and performers a solid foundation for realizing accurate, dynamic musical productions.
The Instruments & Multis
– A complete collection of traditional marching drum instruments (snares, multi-tenors, basses, cymbals) recorded with multiple round-robins, multiple dynamic levels, and at three microphone distances.
– A complete collection of evocative morphed “cinematic” instruments and loops.
– Atmospheric/ambient soundscapes
– Rhythmic/percussive tempo-synced loops
– Tonal and percussive arpeggiated/articulated instruments
– Sequenced instruments using the “core-effect sequencer”
– Impacts, big-hit ensembles, and kits
– Swipes, scrapes, and reverse transitional effects
– Performance-ready multis (playable interactive preset templates made from multiple instruments)
– Over 75 score-ready multis
– Additional multis included in Rumble were created by award-winning composer Trevor Morris.