Electric pianos are just the coolest things: whether it’s the bark of a Wurli or the soulful drive of a suitcase Rhodes, we just love our EPs, and there’s hardly a musical genre out there in which they haven’t played a key part (ha… no pun intended.) But as usual, the ones that come built-in to most DAWs are a little on the polite side. We’ve decided to fix that. Prototype EP Kontakt instrument 2Prototype EP is a painstakingly sampled Weltmeister Claviset. Or at least, it may be. That part’s a little unclear.
A thoroughly unusual electromechanical EP with a distinctive Claviset mechanism and crude control set
• Perfect for roots rock, blues, honky-tonk dives, or adding a layer of strangeness to more conventional EPs
• Over 480 individual samples capture every nuance of this strange instrument, warts and all
• Retrofitted velocity response allows for expressive playing; Tilt EQ allows you to tailor the tone
• Synthesised Sustain wave can be blended with the tines for a longer, fuller sound, and detuned for extra warmth
• Key-off samples accurately capture the distinctive clicks, ticks and thunks of the tine bars in action