SoundTap is streaming audio capture software which will convert any audio playing through your computer to mp3 or wav files. Streaming audio is recorded by a special kernel driver to preserve digital audio quality.
Streaming Audio Recording Applications
– Record internet radio webcasts. Radio stations are required to log and archive all broadcasts under FCC regulations.
– Save streaming audio broadcasts. If you are using BroadWave to broadcast your band, SoundTap can record and archive the broadcasts.
– Record streaming audio conferences. SoundTap works perfectly to record conferences hosted with our Quorum Conference Server.
– Convert audio from uncommon formats to wav or mp3. e.g., Convert a voice recording in ds2 format to mp3 using a ds2 player and SoundTap.
– Record VoIP phone calls made with Skype or Express Talk softphone.
– This is often done in businesses or call centers for quality assurance.