Description: Record, edit, and produce your audio with Sound Studio, an easy-to-use Mac app for recording and editing digital audio on your computer. Digitize tapes and vinyl records, record live performances, create your own mixes with crossfades, tweak the levels and EQ, apply digital effects and save in all major file formats with Sound Studio! The Mac’s most popular audio program for many years, Sound Studio continues to be regularly updated to add new features and to take advantage of the very latest Apple technologies.
The Mac’s most popular audio program for many years, Sound Studio continues to be regularly updated to add new features and to take advantage of the very latest Apple technologies. With Sound Studio you can record professional-sounding Podcasts and other audio dialog. Spoken word, speeches, presentations, music, and other audio can all be recorded and edited with the same high fidelity.
You can save in the following standard file formats:
• MPEG-4 AAC
• ADTS AAC
• Ogg Vorbis
• tab-delimited text
• Apple Lossless
You can apply the following effects and filters:
• Fade In, Fade Out, and Fade Special (with an envelope)
• Dynamics Compressor
• Dynamics Expander
• Noise Gate Expander
• Add Noise (or cowbell)
• DC Offset
• Invert Signal Polarity
• Swap Left and Right Channels
• Backwards/Reverse Audio
• Delay and Echo
• Pitch and Tempo
• 3-band, 10-band, and chart-based Graphic EQ
• High Pass
• Low Pass
+ Audio recording and playback on up to 2 channels.
+ Number of tracks limited only by processor and memory constraints.
+ AudioUnit plug-in hosting.
+ Uses 32-bit floating point PCM format internally.
+ Markers: automatically generate markers in silent gaps or in a grid.
+ Split by Markers: lets you split a long file into separate tracks.
+ Has FM synthesis, sine, triangle, square wave, and noise generators.
+ Snap to Zero Crossings.
+ Preserves BWF (Broadcast Wave Format) data in .WAV files.
+ Zoom in as close as sample level.
+ AppleScript and Automator support.
+ 64-bit Intel / 32-bit Intel app binary.
+ (32-bit plug-ins only work when app is in 32-bit mode.)
What’s new in Version 4.8.14:
• Fixed a bug where markers would not stay with audio when recording new audio preceding the markers.
• Fixed errors in the AppleScript Dictionary for the following properties: loops, sample count, track number, track total, disc number, disc total, podcast url.
• Added missing “open” command in the AppleScript Dictionary.
• Fixed a bug with the audio presets menu pop-up button.
• Fixed a bug where an alert would incorrectly pop up after canceling opening a file.