Awave Studio is a multi-purpose audio tool that reads a veritable host of audio carrying file formats from different platforms, synthesizers, trackers, mobile phones… — It can be used in a variety of ways — as a file format converter, as an audio editor, or as a synth instrument editor. It is the swiss army knife for anyone working with digital audio and music.
Here are just a few examples of common tasks:
– Convert between different audio and synthesizer file formats.
– Buy a sample CD and use Awave Studio to convert it to a format that your own synth understands. Besides a vast array of different synth-formats, it also supports MIDI SDS, and SMDI transfers.
– Play MIDI songs that comes with custom instrument banks, or render them to an audio clip using the built in high-quality software synthesizer.
– Do audio editing tasks such as resampling, fading in and out, normalizing amplitudes, applying effects, et c.
– Use it as an instrument editor for your synthesizer, sound card, or soft-synth / virtual instrument plug.