Multi-Instrument is a powerful multi-function virtual instrument software. It is a professional tool for time, frequency and time-frequency domain analysis. It supports a variety of hardware ranging from sound cards which are available in almost all computers to proprietary ADC and DAC hardware such as NI DAQmx cards, VT DSOs, VT RTAs and so on. It consists of the following instruments and functions.
A complete package of Multi-Instrument software consists of Oscilloscope, Spectrum Analyzer, Signal Generator, Multimeter, Spectrum 3D Plot, Data Logger, LCR Meter, Device Test Plan, Vibrometer with full features in each of them.
The following table shows the function allocation in different editions of Multi-Instrument. Spectrum 3D Plot, Data Logger, LCR Meter, Device Test Plan, Vibrometer are add-on modules/functions and should be purchased separately. They are only available in Multi-Instrument Lite, Standard, and Pro editions, except that Vibrometer is only available in Multi-Instrument Standard and Pro.
With the Multi-Instrument softare, without any additional ADC and DAC hardware, you can turn your PC into a multi-function test and measurement instrument by using its built-in sound card as the ADC and DAC devices. The sampling rate can be up to 192 kHz and the sampling bit resolution can be up to 24 bits. The software have a wealth of features normally only found in much more expensive instruments. Generally, the sound card supplied with a PC is sufficient to allow measurements in the audio frequency range. Perfect measurement quality can be archived by using a professional grade sound card. Together with the VIRTINS Sound Card Oscilloscope Probe P601, which has three attenuation positions, the setup is able to measure a signal with a magnitude from as low as 1 µV to 24 V.
You can also integrate sensors, transducers, ADC and DAC hardware (e.g. sound cards, NI DAQmx cards, VT DSOs, VT RTAs, etc.), computers and the Multi-Instrument software together to form a professional test and measurement system.
Version 3.7 Build 1, Released on June 16, 2017
– [Window]>[Cascade],[Tile Horizontally] and [Tile Vertically] functions are improved.
– [+] “Auto layout after loading a Panel Setting File” option is added in [Setting]>[Display].
– [+] Add demodulation (AM, FM, PM) option in Oscilloscope Processing.
– [+] Add Remove DC and Half/Full Wave Rectification options in Oscilloscope Processing.
– SINC interpolation, Remove DC, Rectification, Digital Filtering modes are indicated through their respective signs in Oscilloscope window.
– The start and end points in [File]>[Extract] dialog can now be automatically filled with the positions of the two markers placed on the waveform to be extracted.
– [+] Add Sound Loudness and Loudness Level measurement in Spectrum Analyzer Processing. Both free field and diffuse field are supported.
– [+] Add Unweigted and weighted Wow & Flutter measurement in Spectrum Analyzer Processing.
– [+] Add Second Peak detection including the time delay and coeffient in auto-correlation function in Spectrum Analyzer.
– [+] Add output modulation (AM, FM, PM) option in Signal Generator.
– [+] Add [Help]>[Software Manual] menu item.
– Update software manual to include more descriptions and make it easier to understand.
– Output amplitude displayed in dBFS,dBu or dBV can be switched by clicking those texts in Signal Generator Panel.
– All the processing names in Oscilloscope and Spectrum Analyzer processing pages are marked with a number according to their order of execution to help the users to understand the signal flow and design their own signal processing methods.