The third instrument in our VENTUS Ethnic Winds series features the divine tone of the Indian bansuri. Includes 14 playing techniques, nearly 350 pre-recorded phrases, and bonus drones – 4,500+ samples in total! An ornament system allows for unique, authentic performances and TACT (Total Articulation Control Technology) provides the ultimate solution for fully customizable mapping. The bansuri is an ancient flute indigenous to India, known as the nadi or tunava in some texts. It has a special role in North Indian and Hindustani classical music and is often known as the “divine instrument”, carrying with it the appropriate religious significance. Unlike many ancient flutes, the bansuri is tranverse (side-blown).
With these three features, combined with our hallmark depth of sampling and attention to detail, we know that our Ventus Ethnic Winds will become a source of endless inspiration.
– Over 4,500 24-bit samples recorded through warm ribbon & room mics
– 7 types of sustain articulations
– True legato and portamento, tweakable settings
– 3 different release ornaments
– Staccato, bends, vibrato
– Nearly 350 phrases. multiple lengths & styles
– Phrases also provided as WAV
– Bonus tambura and sitar drones patch
FULL VERSION (not player) of Kontakt version 5.5.2 or higher