Dholak has two sides – the bigger side produces bass sounds and smaller side produces treble pitches.It looks like Punjabi dhol but smaller in size and played with fingers/hands instead of sticks.The instrument shell is made of high quality sheesham wood. Dholak is quite popular percussion instrument of India. Its has been used in Indian Film Industry and Folk music of India since inception. Its widely used in qawwali , bhajans , kirtan , lavani and bhangra. These days dholak is used in many fusion genres of music.
About Crypto Cipher Solo Dholak
This is the first and most advance playable “Solo Dholak” sampled instrument released till now with over 12,900 samples recorded with high quality equipments. Sampled Dholak was a always a great need of producers working in film industry and keeping their requirement in mind we started working on the concept and finally developed playable dholak instrument with the modern sound design capabilities. You have fine control over each sound as well each side of dholak drum. Solo Dholak is recorded with Sontronics apollo (a Blumlein X/Y stereo ribbon microphone) , Royer 122 ,Lewitt mics and bodied mic. Mic mix settings can controlled via mic mixer given on UI.
Solo dholak is fine tuned instument . Both the sides of drum are tuned to F note
Dholak and Tabla Combo is extensively used in many bollywood movies.
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION 12900+ samples and 3 mic mix positions
• One master patch with all controls on interface
• Left Drum , Right Drum and Combo Drums alphabets mapped in proper order
• Advance Remapping feature
• Each sound name display on UI
• Many articulations along with chromatic bass tones from E1-E2 ( Real dholak players play a lot with different bass modulations)
• Varieties of alphabets on right hand drum
• Special Pink keys with On-Off combination of alphabets
• Advance Scripting features total control over individual sounds.Each drum can be tuned/panned separately and each sound can be fine tuned.
• Create a nice balance of Left hand drum and Right hand drum according to taste
• Special effects on UI include – Wide effects , Mute effects(use mod- wheel) ,Doubler and Heat effects
• 7 impulse response reverbs
• Solo Dholak Sample Size – 1.03 NCW compressed.
• Bonus Midi Loops Included ,which covers Indian traditional Dholak patterns and various complex patterns
• Sample Resolution : 44.1khz/24 bit
• Format : Kontakt
• Note : Free Kontakt player will only work for 30 minutes. Product work with Kontakt 5.4.2 or higher full retail version only
• The “Add Library” import process do not support this standard format Kontakt library but you can use Kontakt file browser to load .nki Instruments