LA Scoring Strings 2.0 (LASS) brings you a whole new set of tools and sonic profiles providing a new level of expressiveness, realism, real-time playability and program-ability to sampled strings. Aside from our new Stage & Color feature (providing an easy way for you to have LASS sound like famous orchestral recordings and film scores), LASS 2 has over 60 new patches ranging from Aleatoric (string effects) to NV-Vib (non vibrato to vibrato) to Real Legato Tremolo and Trill patches. Below is a partial list of some of LASS 2.0’s new features (you can also read about LASS’s new A.R.C.
• Stage & Color – At the heart of Stage & Color is a collection of exclusive orchestral sound profiles (colors) inspired by famous movie scores and recordings. Now, at the push of a button, LASS can adopt the tonal characteristics of some of the most coveted scores and recordings.
• A new ARC (Audiobro Remote Control) master script that will allow for dramatically easier control of all sections and divisis from a single window.
• Reverb and width controls of multiple patches from within the ARC
• ART programming of multiple patches from within the ARC
• CC Table control of multiple patches from within the ARC
• Auto Arranger control of multiple patches from within the ARC
• A new Key Switching approach of multiple patches from within the ARC
• Aleatoric (string effects) patches
• Non Vibrato to Vibrato patches
• Legato Tremolo patches
• Legato Trill patches
• Micro Tuning and real-time performance of tuning
• A CC Attenuation knob that allows on to ride CC attenuation in real-time or after-the-fact for added dynamic control.
• A new User Interface that is easier to read and more pleasant to look at.
• A drastically reduced footprint of only about 16.5GB due to the inclusion of NI’s NCW (loss-less compression audio file format) files. We include the 24 bit files since it will be about 30% less taxing on your hard drive than a 24-bit wave file. We noticed no measurable CPU hit using the NCW files… and we did a lot of testing.