Why use sticks when you can use ping pong balls? Pong Glockenspiel is a Kontakt Instrument made by recording a toy glockenspiel played with ping pong balls. Two velocity layers (hard and soft) are cross faded to have a smooth transition while the 3 round robin (repetitions samples) avoid the “machine gun” effect of sampled instruments. Tweaking the controls in the custom performance view you can alter the instrument making many new sounds. There are also two ambient instruments and two synth pad instruments crafted using the original samples.
– 6 Kontakt Instruments (.nki)
– 3 Round Robin
– 2 Velocity Layer (cross faded)
– 108 Samples (44.1kHz / 24Bit)
– Formats: Kontakt and WAV – Sample sets including: toy glockenspiel played with ping pong balls
– Bonus: pad and ambience instruments