Fat Stacks is a natural sounding vintage club kit with small drums for a big sound. This kit can set the tone for a range of styles that need an organic, lively beat. We think it sounds good for R’n’B, hiphop, funk, raw drum’n’bass, and even acoustic tracks. With several mic layers to blend to your taste, the sound of the kit can go from snappy and clean to gritty and lofi with the twist of a knob. There are 4 snare variations and two kick variations to keep things interesting. This is a kit kit Jesse Pinkman would be proud to slam. The kit is a vintage 1970s Gretsch maple in club configuration, with a custom Pearl micro snare, classic Zildjian, Paiste and Wuhan cymbals. Tracked in a small dry room through classic APIs and modern Buzz Audio pres.
Multi-sampling: each kit component contains up to 8 velocity layers for expressive detail and dynamics – check the details at the bottom of this page.
Mic layers: 6x individually controllable mic layers: Close mics, Overheads, Room mics, Smash mic, Kick Sub, and Snare-Bottom
Round-robin: natural performance thanks to round-robin hits – check the details at the bottom of this page.
Layouts: Keyboard and eKit/V-Drum optimised mapping layouts provided. The layout is General MIDI (GM) compatible.
Output routing: stereo and multi-channel output versions provided.
Kontakt instrument interface: with instrument volume, mic layer, pan and input device controls.
Sensitivity control: increase the sensitivity of the kit for more intricate and subtle performances or leave it set to full dynamic range for heavier tracks.
Presets: for quickly dialing up different sounds.
eKit mode switch to ‘eKit’ mode when using a Roland V-Drum kit, or leave set to ‘Keyboard mode’ for direct MIDI sequencing.
Trigger maps: for sound replacement – kick, snare, toms – each with separated mic layers
System Requirements: Minimum:
• Compatable software sampler: Native Instruments Kontakt Full version version 3 or greater
• Hard drive with 7.5GB of available space
• 2GB RAM
• 1GHz processor
• Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/VIsta/7, Mac OS X 10.2 or higher
• Kontakt Full Version required.
• There is a 15 minute time restriction imposed by Kontakt Player. There is no restriction when using the full version of Kontakt.
• The wav format audio files supplied with this product can be utilized with many other sampler and sound replacement products, however no ‘mappings’ are provided or support is given for this.