We are pleased to present Evolution Songwriter, a faithful reproduction of the legendary Gibson J-45, a steel string acoustic guitar that can be heard on countless singer-songwriter albums over the past decades. This instrument was inspired by a wide range of artists, including The Beatles, Joni Mitchell, and the more modern acoustic sounds of Iron & Wine and The Dirty Projectors. In producing this guitar, we endeavored to create an instrument with a diverse tonal palette, from iconic sounds of the ’60s and ’70s onward, providing a panoply of great, ready-to-use preset sound settings for songwriters and producers. The library was developed in collaboration with William Derganc, who not only sampled the acoustic guitar, but was also closely involved with the development process, contributing factory presets, strumming patterns, and custom chord options for the library.
The sample set has also been run through a popular type of multi-track cassette tape recorder as an additional signal. The tape signal adds saturation to the sound of the guitar, and we opted to leave the pitch fluctuations and other artifacts that give the tape extra character. With the tape signal selected, you’ll notice a constant noise floor playing in the background–the volume of this is adjustable, and can always be disabled completely.
– Built-in effects engine for instantly-usable acoustic guitar tones.
– Adjustable pick position using our proprietary physical modeling technology.
– Powerful mapping system that lets you set how you want to trigger articulations, using conditions such as velocity ranges, MIDI CCs, latching and non-latching keyswitches, and more.
– Multitracking up to quadruple tracking.
– 11.2 GB (compressed to 5.2 GB using the lossless NCW audio format) of 24-bit samples.
– Articulations such as sustains, palm mutes, mutes, natural harmonics, plus special effects like string slaps, guitar body hits, and more.
– MIDI articulations for instant octaves, grace notes, buzz trills, whole-step slides, whole-step hammer-ons, and slides (velocity-based and tempo-synced).
– Legato samples for slides, hammer-ons, and pull-offs.
– The articulations have 3 dynamics, 2 pick directions (when applicable), and 2x round-robin.