From feathery soft dynamics to bright energetic sustains, Evolution Flatpick 6 gives you a highly-authentic flatpicking guitar perfect for folk, country, and bluegrass music. Evolution Flatpick 6 features a handmade steel string acoustic guitar with a full, lively tone. Crafted by a distinguished luthier, the guitar’s construction features a special variation on hybrid bracing, using smaller and lighter braces for a rich bass response and crisp treble frequencies.
We developed the library in collaboration with Rosewood Recording Company, one of Utah’s most venerable recording studios. Guy Randle, the owner and recording engineer at Rosewood Recording Company, incorporated analog audio equipment to skillfully sculpt and emphasize the rich tonal qualities of the guitar. Evolution Flatpick 6 includes both the as-recorded signal as well as an enhanced signal. Although we feel that the latter option best represents our vision for the sound of the acoustic guitar, the unprocessed signal is also at your disposal for additional flexibility.
For the sampling session, Guy Randle worked with Ryan Tilby, a versatile multi-instrumentalist who has performed at countless music festivals and toured Europe multiple times. His compositions have been featured on the Discovery Channel, Outdoor Photo Adventures, and other prominent TV shows. Ryan Tilby also offers remote recording services for clients around the world in need of guitar, banjo, bass, mandolin, and ukulele tracks.
The Evolution Flatpick 6 sample library includes all the essential articulations such as sustains, natural harmonics, palm mutes, fully muted notes, and legato (hammer ons, pull offs, slides). Additionally, it provides effects like tapped sustains, body hits, and other useful performance techniques.
– Built-in strum pattern editor for authentic guitar strumming.
– Adjustable pick position using our proprietary physical modeling technology.
– Powerful mapping system that lets you set how you want to trigger articulations, using conditions such as velocity ranges, MIDI CCs, latching and non-latching keyswitches, and more.
– Multitracking up to quadruple tracking.
– 10.4 GB (compressed to 4.46 GB using the lossless NCW audio format) of 24-bit samples.
– Articulations such as sustains, palm mutes, mutes, natural harmonics, and tapping plus special effects such as string slaps, guitar body hits, and much more.
– MIDI articulations for instant upward/downward grace notes, buzz trills, whole-step slides, whole-step hammer-ons, slides (velocity-based and tempo-synced), octaves, and powerchords.
– Legato samples for slides, hammer-ons, and pull-offs.
– The articulations have 3 dynamics, 2 pick directions (when applicable), and 2x round-robin.
– Separate options for the as-is guitar signal as well as an enhanced signal that uses tasteful processing to increase the richness and sustain of the guitar.
Evolution Flatpick 6 is NKS-ready. The integration with the Native Kontrol Standard presents many benefits, both when using the library in the Komplete Kontrol software as well as in conjunction with Komplete Kontrol hardware, such as the Komplete Kontrol S-Series keyboards and Maschine.
In addition to Evolution Flatpick 6 being displayed in the Native Browser among your other Komplete Kontrol instruments, there are a variety of other benefits. For example, thanks to Native Instruments’ Native Map® technology, you can control the library’s various parameters directly through connected hardware right out of the box. Furthermore, the keyswitches and key ranges are shown using Light Guide, an innovative technology that displays the key colors directly on your Komplete Kontrol S-Series keyboard.
We highly recommend using Evolution Flatpick 6 with a Komplete Kontrol S-Series keyboard for the full experience. While not a requirement, you will be able to take advantage of the Native Kontrol Standard for an intuitive connection between software instruments and hardware.