Boxer is a punchy alt rocker with a boxy edge. It has an unpretentious direct sound with alt rock and pop written all over it. A solid kick, toneful toms, and three snares cover plenty of ground, each snare giving the kit a completely different feel. The kit works equally well for laid back grooves or fast and frantic flurries. The kit was sampled at Sing Sing South studio in Melbourne, Australia, in a mid-sized tracking room, though a Neve desk, with the usual assortment of high end hand-picked mics, and processed with select outboard pieces. The kit has been mixed with an indy production in mind, if you want to take the mix further there is plenty of scope to put your stamp on it.
Multi-sampling: each kit component contains up to 7 velocity layers for expressive detail and dynamics – check the details at the bottom of this page.
Switchable instruments: 3x snare variations.
Mic layers: 6x individually controllable mic layers: Close mics, Overheads, Room mics, Smash mic, Kick Sub, and Snare-Bottom
Round-robin: natural performance with 6x round-robin hits for every single zone.
eKit mode switch to ‘eKit’ mode when using a Roland V-Drum kit, or leave set to ‘Keyboard mode’ for direct MIDI sequencing. The layout is General MIDI (GM) compatible.
Output routing: stereo and multi-channel output versions provided.
Sensitivity control: increase the sensitivity of the kit for more intricate and subtle performances or leave it set to full dynamic range for heavier tracks.
Presets: for quickly accessing different sounds.
• Compatable software sampler: Native Instruments Kontakt Full version version 4 or greater
• Hard drive with 6GB of available space (to download and then unzip)
• 2GB RAM
• 1GHz processor
• Windows Vista/7/8, Mac OS X 10.2 or higher
• Kontakt Full Version required.
• There is a 15 minute time restriction imposed by Kontakt Player. There is no restriction when using the full version of Kontakt.
• The wav format audio files supplied with this product can be utilized with many other sampler and sound replacement products, however no ‘mappings’ are provided or support is given for this.