EVOLVER 2 is a Kontakt sound library* based on the best sounds of the famous DSI Evolver synthesizer, and gives you a wide collection of vivid and powerful analogue sounds. The design goal was to develop an ergonomic user interface to our sound library that exploits the advanced features of Kontakt. The result is a flexible synthesizer which offers fat and warm analogue sounds like the original hardware, but with the comfort of the software environment. Most of the patches are velocity sensitive and they have been designed for live performers, so a good midi keyboard which supports velocity and aftertouch is highly recommended.
• ergonomic user interface
• new re-scaled faders (see pdf below for the details) for a natural feeling
• more than 100 custom made knobs, faders and switches to control the most important parameters of the synth
• customizable global MIDI implementation for 24 controllers
• host automation for 24 controllers
• 30 types of filter in 3 real-time switchable filter slots
• fully editable effects: equalizer, 2 types of distortion, delay, 2 types of reverb, comp
• 2 independent LFOs (waveforms: sine, triangle, square, saw, random) with tempo sync option, allowing modulation for 4 destinations: pitch, filter, volume and pan
• extensive modulation options for external sources: velocity, mod-wheel, channel aftertouch, random.
• template load/save option for sound design
The analogue hack
Evolver is a digital/analogue hybrid synth. It means the oscillators and filters are analogue, but the on-board effects (feedback, delay, distortion, hi-pass filter and mixer) are all digital. This concept is a very serviceable feature for performers, but a bit annoying for us – we don’t need the digital effects, we want to use the original analogue sounds! The “analogue hack” is a way to achieve this: it taps the analogue signals before the onboard effects’ AD converters and leads it out as two separated dual mono channels.