Organ pipes are made from either wood or metal and produce sound when air under pressure (“wind”) is directed through them. Pipes are arranged by timbre and pitch into ranks. A rank is a row of pipes mounted vertically onto a windchest. An organ contains two actions, or systems of moving parts. When a key is depressed, the key action admits wind into a pipe. The stop action allows the organist to control which ranks are engaged.
We sampled a Pipe Organ built in the year 1850 in Artà’s church (a little village on the island of Mallorca, Spain). You can check the size, look and proportions of this church on the image gallery page on Facebook. The pipes are controlled by a wood keyboard of 54 keys (from C1 to F5). Sustain and release notes sampled, which means that you have the natural reverb tail of the church, it’s amazing! No pitch shifting (note interval) used, sampled every note.
This Pipe Organ has 8 ranks selectable by 16 stops (8 right and 8 left). With 1850 Pipe Organ Pro you can control the volume of each rank separetly, making the instrument very versatile and flexible, you can achieve an enormous amount of different sounds. On the free version you only get the sound of the 8 ranks opened without control on each of them. Free version lets you control the overall volume and the volume of the tail reverb directly from the GUI. With Pro version you can control the overall volume, pan and each rank directly from the GUI.
Pro version :
• Stereo recording, 44.1 Khz, 24 bits.
• High quality mics, preamps and converters.
• 54 keys Pipe Organ from 1850 recorded in Arta’s church (Mallorca, Spain).
• All notes sampled, no pitch shifting.
• 430 sampled notes, 860 files (sustain+release).
• Volume control over all pipe ranks (8 ranks).
• Very versatile, customize by mixing different registers.
• Full natural reverb tail (no IR or artificial reverbs).
• Custom script and GUI (3D rendered).
• Overall volume and pan control.
• Formats: Kontakt 4.2.3, Audio Units, VSTi (Mac and Windows 32 and 64 bits).
• WAV files only in Kontakt version.
• Same GUI and script on all formats.
• Max of 128 simultaneous voices on VST and AU formats.
• Full version of Kontakt required. Free Kontakt Player will run in demo mode.
• System requirement: Windows XP or later / Mac OS X 10.6 Intel or later (Snow Leopard).