Convolution reverbs have burst upon the music software scene as an easy and powerful way for musicians and sound designers to add lush and realistic emulations of real acoustic spaces to their work. One thing that many people may not realize is that convolution is itself little more than a highly intricate filtering mechanism, not any sort of reverb-specific thing. This raises the possibility for using convolution to create new and exotic sound filters never beforeheard. This is precisely what Spectral Relativity is all about.
Spectral Relativity is a ground-breaking collection of impulse responses, to be used in your favorite convolution engine ,designed to do very un-reverb-like things:
* Place sounds three dimensionally
* Color or change the spectral balance of a sound
* Smear sound into lush ambient washes
* Reverse or thoroughly obliterate time
* Act as an otherwordly effects pedal
* Distort and mangle sound creatively
* Animate simple sounds into wild sonic textures
* Pitch-shift and pitch-bend sounds in an extraordinary fashion
Targeted primarily at electronic, ambient, and abstract musicians, Spectral Relativity transforms your favorite convolution engine into a general-purpose DSP processor. But musicians and sound designers from all walks of life
may find use for Spectral Relativity’s powerful capabilities.
* Space music artists can use Spectral Relativity to create huge sonic effects
* Film musicians can use Spectral Relativity to create abstract scene soundbeds
* Electronica artists can use Spectral Relativity to add flavor to techno, club, or other styles of rhythmic electronic music
* Sound designers can use Spectral Relativity to morph foley fx into unrecognizable forms
* Goth or dark ambient musicians can have a field day creating dark textures
* Guitarists can three – dimensionally position and spectrally balance their sounds
* Hip hop artists can add wild beat-synced effects to their rhythm lines
* The list goes on and on…
* Compatible with nearly any convolution reverb that can load stereo WAV files, including SIR, Sony Acoustic Mirror, Emagic Space Designer, Voxengo Pristine Space, etc.
* All impulses are in pristine 16-bit 44.1KHz stereo WAV format
* Over 850 individual impulses spread out over eleven categories