Creative Extensions, a collaborative effort between Ableton and Amazing Noises, comprises eight tools designed to enhance and expand the punch, color and texture achievable with Live. This collection includes new ways to pitch shift and sequence melodies and delays, creative and characterful studio processing, a device that creates ethereal, reverb-like spaces, and two revamped Max for Live synths.
The Creative Extensions include:
– Melodic Steps – a fast and intuitive MIDI sequencer for shifting, polyrhythmic melodies with an interface designed to encourage experimentation and new discoveries through play.
– Bass – a monophonic virtual analog synthesizer for bass sounds from classically deep and clean to heavily distorted, rumbling tones.
– Poli – a virtual analog synth for classic polyphonic textures. Its vintage character comes from de-tunable oscillators, a powerful modulation section, built-in chorus and more.
– Pitch Hack – a multi-purpose pitch effect for creative sound mangling. Reverse audio, randomize the transposition interval and fold the delayed signal back into itself.
– Gated Delay – a sequenced delay for rhythmic effects. Reverse and add variation or turn your sound into something completely new.
– Color Limiter – another flavor of limiting inspired by the gritty sounds of hardware limiters. Great for adding pressure and intensity to breaks and beats, and for putting a vintage stamp on any sound.
– Re-Enveloper – a multiband envelope processor to highlight the details you want in a track and reduce the ones you don’t. Cleanup, carve and compress transients to fit your mix or completely destroy the original character of a sound.
– Spectral Blur – a reverb-like texturalizer that adds an ethereal spectral wash to any sound. Use it to create odd sounding Rooms, or infinite, distant spaces.