“The fight for frequencies is over” TrackSpacer is a 32-band EQ that analyses a track via an external sidechain and then applies the opposing frequency curve to the track you place the plug-in on in real time. As implied by name, TrackSpacer cleverly creates space or room in a mix for any instrument, voice, or other audio source by performing automatic, multi-band equalisation on a per track basis. But how, exactly, does it do that, then? Quite simply, it analyses the audio frequency content in a track/bus via Sidechain, and applies an intelligent 32-band EQ to subtract those frequencies from the channel/bus where TrackSpacer is inserted — giving room or space to a specific track by reducing its frequencies on another track in realtime, in other words! It is not a multiband compressor, it is not a dynamic EQ, it’s a completely new approach.
In the mix:
TrackSpacer is versatile and can be used in many different situations. For example, a very basic use is to duck on the bass the frequencies that the kick drum is using. Simply insert TrackSpacer in the bass track and have it listen to the kick track via sidechain, adjust the filters and set the ratio knob. Decide if you want TrackSpacer to subtract frequencies in the entire stereo, or only in the mid channel. Another use is for post production, when a voiceover has to speak on the top of a background music. Set the plugin so it reduces the frequencies that the voice uses to the background music. There are many more uses like “acoustic guitar – electric guitars”, “snare drum – overheads”, “snare – synths”.
– WiN ALL / Mac (OSX 10.4 or later).
– VST, VST3, AU, RTAS, AAX. Both 32 and 64 bit.
– DAW with sidechain functionality.
– Fixed: serial number doesn’t accept extra characters other than numbers and dashes in order to avoid unwanted inputs that end in serials not being validated.
– Fixed: freeze parameters correctly recalled.
– Fixed: spectrum analyser behaviour in Pro Tools when initialising the plug-in.
– Improved: on an invalid serial input the plug-in will show a popup.
– Improved: attack and release ballistics.