Sidechain Gate lets you perform clever mixing techniques, by using a source track to gate a destination track. For example, you can use a complex hi-hat pattern in one track to rhythmically gate a synth pad in another track. Or simplify a busy bass guitar by gating it from a kick drum track (so the bass guitar is only heard when the kick drum sounds). What’s more, Sidechain Gate is easy to use, and works in almost any audio software package – even those that do not directly support side-chaining***. It only takes a few mouse clicks and you’re up and running!
INTELLIGENT GATING ON SINGLE TRACKS TOO
Sidechain Gate also performs brilliantly as a conventional insert effect. The EQ and Shape controls allow you to intelligently gate problem recordings. Say you want to clean up a noisy recording of a snare drum, which has some bleed-through from a crash cymbal. Simply use the Hi Cut control to filter out the higher frequencies, and then the gate will only open when the snare is hit.
• Crisp, low distortion gating even with short attack/release times
• Easy multi track side-chaining based on db audioware’s Universal Sidechains
• One-to-one-track or one-to-many-tracks side-chaining
• Elegant user interface with clear visual feedback
• Precision control over the gating response (EQ & Shape)
• Full MIDI control, with easy to use MIDI Learn
If you prefer to control your plug-ins with hardware knobs or sliders, Sidechain Gate is happy to oblige. Thanks to db audioware’s easy-to-use MIDI Learn feature, it’s simple to map any on-screen control to your favourite external MIDI control surface.