VX-64 Vocal Strip – is a seven-stage processor designed for sculpting incredible sounding vocal tracks. Each of the VX-64’s stages have been fine-tuned to be vocal-specific, taking the work out of loading an entire chain of vocal processors. The VX-64 features a new Cakewalk technology that employs phase-coherent, multi-band saturation to avoid unwanted distortion; unique filtering to avoid artifacts at extreme high and low frequencies; and an auto-leveling circuit that prevents the tube saturation from sounding too harsh when high gain transients are processed by it. VX-64 also employs a new de-essing algorithm designed with Cakewalk’s LP-64 linear phase effect filtering technology to remove sibilance without creating any frequency smearing. The VX-64 includes 64 go-to presets and click & drag reordering of processing stage routing, making it fast and easy to get high quality vocals in seconds.
Processing stages include:
* Input – simulates a tube pre amp.
* De-esser – removes sibilance without smearing.
* Compander – vocal compressor with expander to reduce unwanted background noise.
* Tube EQ – for adding character, ranging from subtle warmth to intense heat.
* Doubler – advanced doubling effect providing the quality of actual re-tracking.
* Delay – preset delays useful for vocal tracks with tempo sync.
* Output – provide saturation control with a built in soft-clipping filter.