Blue Cat’s PatchWork is a universal plug-ins patchbay that can host up to 64 VST plug-ins into any Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) in one instance. It is possible to chain effects in series or create up to 8 parallel chains that can be activated independently. This lets you create your favorite effects or instruments configurations within the plug-in, without the need for multiple busses. These configurations can be saved as presets and recalled instantly, or shared with multiple DAWs, using any plug-in format (full list below). Despite the name, you can forget about wires or cables: configuring plug-ins routing is as simple as adding or removing a row or a column in the rack’s matrix.
For each plug-in slot, latency compensation, presets management, undo/redo integration, and individual plug-in bypass are included for optimal operation. The plug-in also stores the position of the window for each plug-in so that the layout is restored with your session or saved with presets.
The plug-in is available as an audio effect or a virtual instrument so that it can be inserted on any type of track, with up to 8 audio channels.
Input and output level meters are also included to monitor the signal that is dispatched to inserted plug-ins.
– Fixed MIDI channel issue with VST3: MIDI channel for note events was offset by one in the VST3 plug-in version and when hosting VST3 plug-ins.
– Improved perfomance when loading presets.
– Increased fine edit window width (opens when double clicking on a control).
– VST: fixed random latency compensation issues upon project load or when loading plug-ins while not playing.
– VST: fixed bypass issue when using reverse range in MIDI/automation settings.
– (Mac AU) Fixed latency compensation issues in Logic, on project load, or when loading plug-ins while not playing.
– (Mac AU) Fixed GUI display issues when changing size in Ableton Live.
– (Windows) new graphics for Windows installer.
– VST3 plug-ins hosting.
– Fixed VST3 version crash in Wavelab 9.
– Fixed issue with parameters precison in VST3 version.
– Improved automatic I/O configuration for VST and VST3 versions.
– (VST only) Fixed a crash when loading the VST version in Ableton Live.