MB-7 Mixer is a unique plug-in that splits the signal into several frequency bands and lets you mix them as if they were separate tracks. Each band proposes controls that you can find on a mixing console, and more: bypass, mute or solo each band separately to isolate frequencies you want to work on, adjust the gain, the “stereoness” and the position in the stereo field. When manipulating the stereo image, a master mono switch also lets you check mono compatibility.
The plug-in also proposes unique linking and grouping options thanks to our multi-instances technology. You can link bands together within a single instance or between several instances of the plug-in on different tracks. This lets a simple fader control as many bands on as many tracks as you want. This is particularly useful when adjusting the placement or the balance of several competing tracks.
Changes since latest 2.4 2.51:
– Last loaded preset can now be quickly saved from the presets menu without having to select the file.
– VST: fixed latency compensation reporting in Cubase (no need to re-enable the plug-in to update the latency anymore).
– AAX and RTAS: fixed a feedback loop that could occur in bypass mode when the plug-in was inserted before another one.
2.5: New Features:
– External side chain support: side chain input can be used by sub plug-ins on each band.
– Sub plug-ins audio i/o routing: connect the inputs and outputs of each plug-in to any channel (enabling multi-mono or creative side chain usage).
– Latency is now compensated for individual channels when a plug-in is processing only a subset of all available channels.
– GUI-less plug-ins support: a generic user interface is now provided for VST or AU plug-ins that do not include a graphical editor.
– Presets can now be selected using MIDI Program change and bank select messages (can be activated with the presets menu/MIDI Program Change item).
– Factory and user skins can now be selected directly from the plug-in menu.
– Improved crossovers precision and performance.
– Improved presets and session load/save performance (up to 4 times faster in some situations). Fixes and compatibility improvements:
– Fixed issue with Izotope Audio Units that were configured as mono effects on stereo tracks.
– Fixed issue with some Audio Unit instruments that did not produce any sound (IK Multimedia, Kontakt…)
– Fixed crashes during auto save with Kontakt 5 in Pro Tools 11.