Description: Parallels Desktop for Mac is simply the world’s bestselling, top-rated, and most trusted solution for running Windows applications on your Mac. With Parallels Desktop for Mac, you can seamlessly run both Windows and Mac OS X applications side-by-side without rebooting. Drag-and-drop files between Windows and Mac applications, launch Windows applications from your Mac dock, and do much more with speed, control and confidence. Use Run Windows programs like they were native to your Mac. Setting up Parallels Desktop for Mac is simple and quick. Experience dramatic improvements in 3D graphics rendering, battery life and security when you boot up a virtual machine with Parallels Desktop 6 for Mac. The new 64-bit engine lets you take full advantage of the power of your Mac, and the improved look and feel lets you have as much Mac as you want — even when you need to use Windows. Best of all, with Parallels Desktop 6, you can run Windows and Mac applications side-by-side without ever having to reboot.
New! PowerNap extends to Windows and Windows applications so you’re always up to date
New! Mountain Lion Dictionary gesture works in Windows applications
New! Connect Thunderbolt and Firewire devices to either your Mac or your virtual machine – just like you do with USB devices
Enhanced! The New Virtual Machine wizard makes it even easier to create new virtual machines, automatically locating operating systems on your machine or letting you manually select a range of media types to install
40% better disk performance than the previous version
Virtual machines shut down up to 25% faster than the previous version
Virtual machines suspend up to 20% faster than the previous version
3D graphics and web browsing is 15% faster than the previous version
iCloud, Dropbox, Google Drive and SkyDrive optimizations eliminate duplication of files locally
Peace of Mind
New! Get stuff done in Windows 8 with a “real” Start menu and the ability to run Modern (Metro) apps in a separate window rather than in full screen
New! The Security Center makes it easy for you to be sure all your stuff is secure, both on your Mac and in your Windows virtual machine
New! OS X Mavericks (10.9) and Windows Blue (8.1) support
OS X 10.7 or later
2GB of RAM (4GB recommended)
15GB of available disk space for Windows.
Full System Requirements and supported OSes
Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac performance improvements include:
– Up to 90% faster Snapshot creation
– Up to 60% faster suspend of VMs
– Up to 25% faster Shared Folders performance
– Compile Visual Studio projects on shared folders up to 25% faster
– Up to 10% battery life improvement
– Enjoy improved VM responsiveness when your Mac is low on free memory
What’s new in Parallels Desktop 12.1.3
– Addresses overall stability and performance issues, and includes the following fixes and improvements:
– Resolves an issue with request to enter Mac administrator password on every Parallels Desktop start.
– Resolves an issue with Problem ID 15380 on Parallels Desktop start.
– Resolves and issue with mouse not working on external display after it has been reconnected
– Resolves an issue with Parallels Desktop crashes when trying to print to PDF