The new Uncut series is a set of unique production courses with a truly behind-the-scenes feel, the Uncut courses let you get inside the DAW of the artists you love. Giving you an exclusive glimpse of their REAL, no frills workflow in the studio. See tracks get made from scratch, live and unedited. See the secret techniques professional artists employ in their day-to-day work. See the mistakes, creative choices and the happy accidents that lead to the end product of quality House, Tech House and Techno.
Chapter Overview & Learning Objectives:
– Introduction: Get to know Tuff London.
– Re-sampling: Re-sampling a kick drum from a Ben Remember track.
– Drums and loops: a look into their drum sampling process.
– Additional samples: adding more signature sounds to the groove.
– Adding vocals: chopping it up and making it work.
– Additional percussion and other elements.
– Bassline: How to get creating with a bass.
– Adding additional creative and musical sounds.
– Arrangement [part 1] – laying out a rough arrangement.
– Arrangement [part 2] – more development of arrangement.
– Adding synths and building up the track.
– Arrangement [part 3] – creating effects and transitions.
– Arrangement [part 4] – more work with effects and transitions.
– Fine tuning and mixing: shows finishing creative touches and the final mix-down process.
– Mastering: putting in the extra effort to finalize the track ready for the clubs and labels.
– Conclusion: final words and advice from Ben and Sam.