The methods for getting a great mix are dependent on the genre of music, gear being used, and the person doing the mixing, but the fundamentals are always the same. Let mixing expert Brock Jon show you the ever-important fundamentals that you can apply to all of your mixes. The next two videos discuss Balancing the Mix, beginning with the Drums, in order to have your tracks sounding close to where you want them before you start processing individual sections and tracks. Brock then gets into the individual sections of your song, beginning with Treating the Drum Tracks. After that, he explores Treating the Bass, Keyboards, Guitars, and Vocals. Finally, with the song almost mixed and all the tracks sitting where they need to, he shows you how to Apply Reverb to Give Your Mix Extra Depth and Width.
Whether you’re new to mixing and looking to learn the basics, or you’ve already mixed your own music but want to broaden your horizons, you’ll get a lot out of “The Fundamentals of Mixing”!
– 10 Tutorials / 1 hr 33 mins total runtime
– For all beginner to intermediate mixers and producers
– Tutorials written by studio expert Brock Jon
– Simple to use video control interface for Mac & PC
– Watch Online, Download, Stream to iPad, iPhone & iPod